- Formed 1856
- June 20, 1856 – adopted Constitution
- Purchased Parley’s Cabinet Library
- Housed at home of Eli Hamblet
The society, Hudson Center Library, was formed in 1856 by David B. Andrews, J.O. Dane, Benjamin Dean, James Emery, Daniel M. Greeley, Reuben Greeley, Eli Hamblet, George W. Haselton, William F. Lewis, Bartlett Pease, Alvan Smith, David O. Smith, Jefferson Smith, Benjamin F. Sprague and Job D. Thomas. On June 20 of the same year they adopted a constitution.
As subscribers they provided funds to purchase Parley’s Cabinet Library, authored by Samuel G. Goodrich, also known as Peter Parley, (titles below) as well as two other unknown books. When not loaned out these books were housed in the home of Eli Hamblet, the secretary, treasurer and librarian of HCL.
It is surmised that the society was dissolved since there was no activity recorded after 1860.